New MOSSA Class: 3D30
Mark your calendars! On April 7, we are launching a NEW MOSSA class. It’s called 3D30, and it’s 30-minute High-Intensity Interval Training Workout with loaded movement. It’s perfect for new exercisers wanting to build a foundation for healthy movement or athletes needing a competitive edge.
The NEW 3D30 will be offered on Thursdays at 5:15 pm.
What is 3D30?
3D30 integrates strength and cardio training to build muscle, burn calories, and improve agility. Revolutionize your whole body using Loaded Movement Training in this three-dimensional experience. Dynamic music drives the energetic 30-minute workout with athletic movements and phases of high-intensity interval training. Train the way the body was designed to move with 3D30.
What will I do in 3D30?
The workout is broken up into four phases of training:
- PREP: Get off to a good start with a great warm-up! The Prep phase mobilizes the entire body while teaching you to move with the ViPR, a tube that provides the loaded movement. This first five minutes of the workout bridges the gap to the more intense training that follows.
- VITALITY: The word vitality means the power to live, grow, and sustain yourself. Innovative exercises and functional movement patterns improve the way you move in all aspects of life. The intensity increases to build strength, stability, and cardiovascular fitness all at the same time.
- PERFORMANCE: Now is the time to challenge yourself! Performance is divided into intervals of work and rest, incorporating various training methods like endurance, power, and speed training. During this phase, the group is split up into teams. Everyone works at their own pace while the teams “face-off” to motivate each other to push themselves harder!
- RECONDITIONING: You’ve never experienced the ending of a workout like this. Begin the recovery process by gradually lowering the heart rate. Mobility training goes way beyond stretching to improve the total range of motion in all your joints. Let this new style of movement “sink in” with five minutes of “feel good” time.
How often should I do it?
3D30 should be performed 1-3 times per week. The high-intensity components of the workout are more effective when the body has sufficient time to recover afterward. If you are looking to add 3D30 as part of a broader workout regimen, then schedule 3D30 on different days than total-body strength training or other high-intensity training.
Do you have any helpful tips for trying out 3D30?
You are only new to 3D30 the first time you do it. After 3-5 experiences, you will get into the rhythm of the workout and know what to expect. Here are some tips to help with your first few workouts:
- Wear comfortable workout clothes that allow you to move freely in all directions
- Wear athletic shoes
- Bring a towel and a bottle of water
- Arrive 5-10 minutes before the workout is scheduled so the coach can help you select the right ViPR size and introduce you to the workout
- Pick a small ViPR size for your first workout (probably a purple 4-kg ViPR)
- Stand where you have a clear view of the coach, closer to the center of the room (you do not have to be in the front)
- The coach will lead you through the workout, demonstrate all of the movements, and offer options to increase or decrease the intensity of the exercises
- It is totally normal for the exercises to feel strange or awkward at first – that is actually the point because 3D30 trains new and different movement patterns
- Start by executing a smaller, less intense version of each exercise and then make your movements bigger whenever you feel comfortable
- This is YOUR workout – everyone will look a little different while moving, so do not feel like you need to compare yourself to others
- You can stop and rest or take a personal break at any time during the workout
- Talk with the coach after the workout and ask any questions you may have
We’d love to answer your questions on this exciting new MOSSA class. Just ask any MOSSA instructor at Highpoint Fitness. We’d love to tell you all about it. Check out 3D30 soon!